|[November 25, 2021]|
The “Rolling Stock Market by Type, End-Use: Global Opportunity Analysis and Industry Forecast, 2021-2030” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
The rolling stock market is driven by factors such as increase in allocation of the budget for development of railways, the rise in demand for secure, safer, and efficient transport, and surge in use of public transport as a solution to minimize traffic congestions.
However, high capital requirement and refurbishment of existing rolling stock are anticipated to hamper the growth of the rolling stock market.
Further, increase in development & testing of autonomous train, improvement in railway infrastructure, particularly in developing countries, and rise in industrial & mining activity are expected to create numerous opportunities for rolling stock market expansion.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis:
Following the directions of the WHO for minimizing the spread of the virus, governments of various countries have set up lockdown and trade restrictions, which has disrupted the exports, especially from China, causing large scale manufacturing interruptions across Europe, and the closure of assembly plants in the U.S. The situation has put intense pressure on the rolling stock industry.
Along with disruptions in initial supply and manufacturing processes, the industry is also experiencing a setback with an uncertain recovery tieline due to decreased demand. Therefore, the reduced production of rolling stock due to temporary shutdown of manufacturing plants is expected to negatively impact the growth of the rolling stock market.
Furthermore, the demand for rolling stock is largely proportional to government budgets along with the demand from rail operators. However, budget allocations for rail network expansion are expected to be significantly affected due to pandemic, which is expected to hamper the demand for rolling stock during pandemic.
- Increase in allocation of budget for development of railways
- Rise in demand for secure, safer, and efficient transport system
- Rise in use of public transport services as a solution to minimize traffic congestion
- High capital requirement
- Refurbishment of existing rolling stock
- Increasing development & testing of autonomous train
- Improvement in railway infrastructure in developing countries
- Increase in industrial & mining activities
- Bombardier Transportation
- CAF, Construcciones Y Auxiliar De Ferrocarriles, S.A
- CRRC Corporation Limited
- Hitachi (News – Alert), Ltd.
- Hyundai Corporation
- IHI Corporation
- Kawasaki Heavy Industries, Ltd.
- Nippon Sharyo, Ltd.
- Pesa Bydgoszcz SA
- PPF Group N.V.
- Siemens (News – Alert) AG
- Stadler Rail AG
- Tatravagonka A.S. Poprad
- The Greenbrier Companies, Inc.
- The Kinki Sharyo Co., Ltd.
- Trinity Industries, Inc.
- Wabtec Corporation
Key Market Segments
- Freight Wagons
- Passenger Coaches
- Passenger Transit
- Cargo Train
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/s41o70
View source version on businesswire.com: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20211125006056/en/