During times of turbulence and uncertainty in the markets, many investors turn to dividend-yielding stocks. These are often companies that have high free cash flows and reward shareholders with a high dividend payout.
Benzinga readers can review the latest analyst takes on their favorite stocks by visiting our Analyst Stock Ratings page. Traders can sort through Benzinga’s extensive database of analyst ratings, including by analyst accuracy. Here’s a look at the most recent high-yield dividend stock ratings from the most accurate Wall Street analysts, according to Benzinga’s Analyst Stock Ratings.
Below are the ratings of the most accurate analysts for three high-yielding stocks in the communication services sector.
Vodafone Group Public Limited Company (NASDAQ:VOD)
- Dividend Yield: 7.75%
- Argus Research analyst John Eade downgraded the stock from Buy to Hold on Jan. 20, 2022. This analyst has an accuracy rate of 72%.
- B of A Securities analyst David Wright upgraded the stock from Neutral to Buy on Jan. 12, 2023. This analyst has an accuracy rate of 66%.
- Recent News: Liberty Global acquired 1.335 billion shares in Vodafone Group, representing a 4.92% stake via nonrecourse financing, requiring equity funding from Liberty Global of £225 million.
Verizon Communications Inc. (NYSE:VZ)
- Dividend Yield: 6.47%
- Baird analyst William Power maintained a Neutral rating and slashed the price target from $60 to $58 on April 28, 2020. This analyst has an accuracy rate of 87%.
- Citigroup analyst Michael Rollins maintained a Neutral rating and raised the price target from $39 to $42 on Jan. 26, 2023. This analyst has an accuracy rate of 77%.
- Recent News: Verizon Communications recently reported a fourth-quarter FY22 sales growth of 3.5% year-on-year to $35.3 billion, beating the consensus of $35.1 billion.
Telephone and Data Systems, Inc. (NYSE:TDS)
- Dividend Yield: 6.13%
- Morgan Stanley analyst Simon Flannery maintained an Equal-Weight rating and cut the price target from $22 to $16 on Feb. 7, 2023. This analyst has an accuracy rate of 72%.
- JP Morgan analyst Philip Cusick upgraded the stock from Underweight to Neutral and lowered the price target from $21 to $14 on Nov. 8, 2022. This analyst has an accuracy rate of 61%.
- Recent News: Telephone and Data, during November, posted a Q3 loss of $0.22 per share. The company is scheduled to release its financial results for the fourth quarter on Feb. 16, 2023.
Read More: Airbnb Options Traders Betting On Stock Falling This Much By Friday